Saturday, March 17, 2012

Rats

Colonies of rats live in my roof between the aluminum top and the wooden boards that act as my ceiling. From time to time, I'll hear them scooting around above my shower, my reading corner, kitchen, bedroom, etc. The noises vary from faint scratching sounds to loud thuds which defies the idea that these are tiny creatures. I try to figure out what it is they are doing based on the level and intensity of their scampering. Sometimes it sounds like they are wrestling each other, other times it sounds like they are burrowing into some anonymous object. I asked my neighbor if its a good idea to set up traps. Hi answer was that it is but only with the stipulation that I won't be able to clean the corpses out and it would cause a rancid odor. I guess I should just learn to cohabitate with these little critters. Maybe even start naming them, any name suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment